I have recently updated to 24H2 Windows 11, and for some reason the Game Bar now will properly capture my mouse cursor when playing Minecraft (Bedrock).
Seems to be fixed for me?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
So for a couple weeks (about 3 weeks now) anytime I use xbox gamebar on windows 11 to join a party to talk to some friends, my cursor lock on all applications would break making my mouse cursor go to another monitor when working on something or playing a game. This still happens when the application is fullscreen or borderless full screen. I confirmed it is the xbox gamebar as I have no other problems with cursor lock when I don't use the gamebar. All my updates, drivers, and apps are up to date and repaired/not broken. currently I'm using a app that will manually lock the cursor to a screen, but would rather not need to do so. Hopefully this is enough info, if not I can clarify more.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I have recently updated to 24H2 Windows 11, and for some reason the Game Bar now will properly capture my mouse cursor when playing Minecraft (Bedrock).
Seems to be fixed for me?
I have recently updated to 24H2 Windows 11, and for some reason the Game Bar now will properly capture my mouse cursor when playing Minecraft (Bedrock).
Seems to be fixed for me?
I have indeed confirmed that this workaround does work, however the party starting experience is not quite as smooth as it is with GameBar.
I'll have to give this a try next time, because I do enjoy talking to my xbox friends via voice chat, so knowing that I can use the XBox app instead of the Game Bar may work.
Hello! I have had this issue forever and have my own (annoying) solution!
First off, if you intend to never use game bar, disable game bar entirely by removing it from your background processes.
Now, go whenever you face this issue, go to Device Manager > Monitors > Uninstall device
Do this for all your monitors, then restart your PC.
This is what ive been using :)