If you boot your PC into BIOS, are those dots on the screen in BIOS?
White flashing dots all over the screen (sometimes red green and blue)
I am getting SO frustrated with these dots. They make my mouse stop working every 10 seconds so I have to turn the mouse off and back on again just to do the same thing 10 seconds later. I had to post this on another device since it was so tedious to use the trackpad. They are really hard to see when they’re on bright colors but when you put a black picture on full screen, all the dots are just dancing around. I have tried downloading a NVDIA driver but it doesn’t even show up, I have tried uninstalling my current driver, I have tried going to my Windows Update to see if my current version up to date, I have browsed the Microsoft Community page for people who have the same problem as me, just for all the solutions to not work. Since I have browsed the Microsoft Community page for people who have the same problem, I am pretty sure this is a driver problem.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
50 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-07-31T10:04:31+00:00 Once again, I know basically nothing about computers. Please simplify.
-
DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-07-31T10:12:30+00:00 Start your system, then repeatedly press the F10 key on the Hp logo screen to get into BIOS, do not change any settings in there, just check if those dots appear on your screen in there.
-
Anonymous
2024-07-31T10:16:35+00:00 Just F10 or press along with fn?
-
DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-07-31T10:19:18+00:00 Try F10, if that does not work, try Fn + F10.