White flashing dots all over the screen (sometimes red green and blue)

Anonymous
2024-07-28T10:00:52+00:00

I am getting SO frustrated with these dots. They make my mouse stop working every 10 seconds so I have to turn the mouse off and back on again just to do the same thing 10 seconds later. I had to post this on another device since it was so tedious to use the trackpad. They are really hard to see when they’re on bright colors but when you put a black picture on full screen, all the dots are just dancing around. I have tried downloading a NVDIA driver but it doesn’t even show up, I have tried uninstalling my current driver, I have tried going to my Windows Update to see if my current version up to date, I have browsed the Microsoft Community page for people who have the same problem as me, just for all the solutions to not work. Since I have browsed the Microsoft Community page for people who have the same problem, I am pretty sure this is a driver problem.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T09:55:25+00:00

    Here. Sometimes there aren’t a lot of dots, sometimes there are many and they turn my mouse off. This time there aren’t many so here are two images of two of the dots.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-31T09:25:55+00:00

    Please provide a screenshot of your desktop showing the dots.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T09:25:07+00:00

    Yeah… I’m so annoyed with these dots. Is there anything else I can do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-07-31T09:17:20+00:00

    Are you still seeing the original flashing dots problem on your screen?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-31T09:12:57+00:00

    Oh, and I went in the drivers folder again, and I found this install Windows Command Script. Will that download the driver?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments