How do I keep my mouse from leaving the window on FPS games?

Anonymous
2024-08-10T15:11:05+00:00

So, when I'm playing any FPS games (or games that use the mouse to track the game environment), my mouse cursor goes invisible. However, instead of being locked to the center of the screen, it moves around freely, to the point where i have accidently minimized or closed out of my game. Also worth mentioning, this is on a laptop, not a multiple screen PC.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, as I've exhausted my sources of research and none of them helped.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T12:07:51+00:00

    Same here.. I didn't have this issue before tho.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T22:37:49+00:00

    I also have had this issue for a while now. It works when Xbox game bar isn't on, I don't know if that is the same for you but as soon as I open game bar it stops working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-19T04:47:37+00:00

    I had this problem too, though it seemed to only affect Steam games. My Epic games did not behave this way. However, the latest Nvidia Driver fixed it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T14:03:58+00:00

    Also having the same issue... I have three displays with my games display in the middle of them and all drivers are up-to-date including Graphics Drivers.

    Ryzen 5 5800X3D
    RTX 3060
    32GB DDR4 3200mhz
    game is installed on an M.2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-24T13:50:33+00:00

    This seems to be an increasing issue - many MANY gamers are experiencing this and the "enableLUA" trick does not seem to work anymore.

    Can I ask that this be escullated as its literally a game-stopper.

    To clarify, when we are playing first person perspective games and we're moving the mouse left and right to look around the mouse cursor drifts onto the second monitor despite the game screen being in focus. It doesn't matter if the game screen is exclusive full screen or window borderless, the mouse will still drift onto the second monitor. And should we need to press the mouse button to activate something in the game, it will click Outside of the game window.

    This seems to have happened in a recent windows update and there are thousands upon thousands of gamers with this issue it needs to be prioritised. It needs to be fixed.

    It's nothing to do with having to download the latest video drivers because we've all tried that it does not make a difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments