How do I keep my mouse from leaving the window on FPS games?

Anonymous
2024-08-10T15:11:05+00:00

So, when I'm playing any FPS games (or games that use the mouse to track the game environment), my mouse cursor goes invisible. However, instead of being locked to the center of the screen, it moves around freely, to the point where i have accidently minimized or closed out of my game. Also worth mentioning, this is on a laptop, not a multiple screen PC.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, as I've exhausted my sources of research and none of them helped.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-19T10:06:16+00:00

    Hi JB Bailey,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    It is common for the mouse cursor not to be visible in most games.

    Is the cursor escape the same even when using different types and versions of graphics drivers?

    If you need to rule out some possibilities more specifically, further testing will usually be based on a more macro idea.

    For example, build a new Windows on a new disk.

    Best Regards,

    Kyo.Y - MSFT | Microsoft Community Technical Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-27T18:22:26+00:00

    This issue applies to every fullscreen game I play. I click on the game and it runs as normal but when i move my mouse to the right, it goes onto my other monitor. This is annoying and I have tried everything from reinstalling mouse drivers, rebooting my pc, uninstalling and installing my game again and nothing has fixed it. Alt+enter does nothing it still moves over to my other monitor. I've disconnected my monitor and it doesn't fix the issue. I am on windows 11 and my pc was working fine until about 4 days ago. Ever since, I have been forced to disconnect my second monitor so that I can play my game. This is uncomfortable as I usually listen to music or watch youtube on that monitor and now I have to pause my game to switch to that window. Please help in any way you know, I appreciate your efforts.

                                                                 Sincerely, Timthe49er
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-28T04:14:38+00:00

    Just started experiencing this issue myself. changed no setting that i know of as well. Im thinking i may have accidentally hit a hot-key combination? I even turned off "ease cursor movement between displays" option in my display settings.

    This is extremely frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T01:05:42+00:00

    same issue for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T05:21:38+00:00

    I just also started experiencing this problem! I have tried everything that is mentioned and recommended. I have found no fix for it. So I basically have a pc I cant play games on because the cursor keeps leaving the game window. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments