How do I keep my mouse from leaving the window on FPS games?

Anonymous
2024-08-10T15:11:05+00:00

So, when I'm playing any FPS games (or games that use the mouse to track the game environment), my mouse cursor goes invisible. However, instead of being locked to the center of the screen, it moves around freely, to the point where i have accidently minimized or closed out of my game. Also worth mentioning, this is on a laptop, not a multiple screen PC.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, as I've exhausted my sources of research and none of them helped.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T16:37:05+00:00

    I am also now having this problem. I think it was with Nvidias latest driver update that caused it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T04:18:40+00:00

    Also having this same issue

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T05:21:38+00:00

    I just also started experiencing this problem! I have tried everything that is mentioned and recommended. I have found no fix for it. So I basically have a pc I cant play games on because the cursor keeps leaving the game window. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T01:05:42+00:00

    same issue for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-28T04:14:38+00:00

    Just started experiencing this issue myself. changed no setting that i know of as well. Im thinking i may have accidentally hit a hot-key combination? I even turned off "ease cursor movement between displays" option in my display settings.

    This is extremely frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments