How do I keep my mouse from leaving the window on FPS games?

Anonymous
2024-08-10T15:11:05+00:00

So, when I'm playing any FPS games (or games that use the mouse to track the game environment), my mouse cursor goes invisible. However, instead of being locked to the center of the screen, it moves around freely, to the point where i have accidently minimized or closed out of my game. Also worth mentioning, this is on a laptop, not a multiple screen PC.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, as I've exhausted my sources of research and none of them helped.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T22:37:49+00:00

    I also have had this issue for a while now. It works when Xbox game bar isn't on, I don't know if that is the same for you but as soon as I open game bar it stops working.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T12:07:51+00:00

    Same here.. I didn't have this issue before tho.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T03:13:15+00:00

    I recently started to get this issue. I've been using DMT, which provides an exclusive screen lock. It helps to some extent, it's more of a "band-aid" it doesn't fix the core problem which is the cursor still moves freely behind the game window, causing confusion, especially when opening maps or using selection wheels in-game. My cursor ends up in a random part of the screen instead of being auto centered like before.

    I have been trying to find a solution but have had no luck. please if anyone finds a solution post it up

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-16T01:59:26+00:00

    I got another windows update and a NVidia update as well! Happened a couple days ago! I'm not having the problem anymore, I'm not sure what the cause is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-14T20:14:48+00:00

    I am having this issue, it's either windows 11 update or like you said nvidias, have u tried uninstalling it? It's driving me crazy and im soo glad i have found this thread so now i know it's an update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments