How do I keep my mouse from leaving the window on FPS games?

Anonymous
2024-08-10T15:11:05+00:00

So, when I'm playing any FPS games (or games that use the mouse to track the game environment), my mouse cursor goes invisible. However, instead of being locked to the center of the screen, it moves around freely, to the point where i have accidently minimized or closed out of my game. Also worth mentioning, this is on a laptop, not a multiple screen PC.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, as I've exhausted my sources of research and none of them helped.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-07T05:32:34+00:00

    This is EXACTLY my issue! Marvel Rivals and Sea of Thieves my mouse won't stick to the main monitor. CoD:BO6 it's just fine. Dual Monitor Tool doesn't work. As soon as I hit launch, the cursor can move freely again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-06T23:04:15+00:00

    When I type this command, it says "Windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." This issue is beyond frustrating. I've updated nvidia drivers, mouse drivers, and downloaded DMT. Even the sticky lock cursor setting does not work. What's even more weird is the only game that it stays locked on is Call of Duty. I unplugged all my monitors and it worked briefly last night on marvel rivals but then I got back on today and it wont stay locked again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-03T23:55:27+00:00

    This worked perfectly. For those in English it looks more like:

    1. On the file to the left, search for Computer configuration ->Administrative Templates-> Windows components ->Edge UI
    2. Select the option "Allow edge swipe" and open the edit box.

    then the rest, but still easy enough instructions to make sense.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-28T04:15:55+00:00

    I think if your advice is avoid the problem, instead of here's how you fix the problem, you haven't actually given an answer.

    So I'm playing Minecraft in windowed mode, and yesterday it was totally fine, but today my mouse has decided to drift onto the second screen, causing problems. Why does this happen? How do I fix it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-27T12:27:45+00:00

    I was having the same problem and found another topic from 2021 with a solution that actually solved the issue:

    1. Press Win + R.
    2. Enter the command gpedit.msc and press enter.
    3. On the file to the left, search for Computer configuration ->Administrative models -> Windows components ->UI borders/edge
    4. Select the option "Allow to swipe finger on the edge" and open the edit box.
    5. Set it to "Disabled" and apply.

    At least for me, it is now working perfectly.

    Please note that I translated from Portuguese so the options might have a slightly different nomenclature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments