How do I keep my mouse from leaving the window on FPS games?

Anonymous
2024-08-10T15:11:05+00:00

So, when I'm playing any FPS games (or games that use the mouse to track the game environment), my mouse cursor goes invisible. However, instead of being locked to the center of the screen, it moves around freely, to the point where i have accidently minimized or closed out of my game. Also worth mentioning, this is on a laptop, not a multiple screen PC.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, as I've exhausted my sources of research and none of them helped.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-10T16:01:01+00:00

    Hi Quinn,

    Fullscreen mode doesn't fix the issue, all it does is "unhide" the hidden window parts of the screen. The following is what I have tried already:

    • Uninstalling and reinstalling mouse drivers
    • My friend helped me check the "EnableLUA" value in the registry editor and he said it was fine.

    Nothing outside of that has been messed with or changed because my friend had to leave due to prior commitments.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Quinn.HP 9,755 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-08-10T15:49:28+00:00

    Hello JB, I'm Quinn, and I'm happy to help you.

    Ensure that the game is running in full-screen mode rather than windowed or borderless windowed mode. Full-screen mode can help keep the cursor locked within the game.

    If that doesn't work, please list the things you've already tried so I can avoid suggesting things you have already tried.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments