How do I keep my mouse from leaving the window on FPS games?

Anonymous
2024-08-10T15:11:05+00:00

So, when I'm playing any FPS games (or games that use the mouse to track the game environment), my mouse cursor goes invisible. However, instead of being locked to the center of the screen, it moves around freely, to the point where i have accidently minimized or closed out of my game. Also worth mentioning, this is on a laptop, not a multiple screen PC.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, as I've exhausted my sources of research and none of them helped.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-27T18:22:26+00:00

    This issue applies to every fullscreen game I play. I click on the game and it runs as normal but when i move my mouse to the right, it goes onto my other monitor. This is annoying and I have tried everything from reinstalling mouse drivers, rebooting my pc, uninstalling and installing my game again and nothing has fixed it. Alt+enter does nothing it still moves over to my other monitor. I've disconnected my monitor and it doesn't fix the issue. I am on windows 11 and my pc was working fine until about 4 days ago. Ever since, I have been forced to disconnect my second monitor so that I can play my game. This is uncomfortable as I usually listen to music or watch youtube on that monitor and now I have to pause my game to switch to that window. Please help in any way you know, I appreciate your efforts.

                                                                 Sincerely, Timthe49er
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-15T22:16:39+00:00

    I'm pretty sure you understand the problem, however I would like to be more specific just to rule out some of the possibilities.

    When I'm playing a shooter game (or any game where the mouse turns invisible and is locked in the middle of the screen), my mouse freely moves, while still invisible, around the game window. It doesn't go off the screen, as I have a single screen laptop. I have tried a clean boot and it doesn't seem like background programs are the problem and I have also made sure my drivers are up to date.

    If this helps, please get back to me when you have a chance.

    Talk soon, JB

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T10:38:52+00:00

    Ok, I appreciate the help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Quinn.HP 9,755 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-08-11T02:06:53+00:00

    Just to clarify, have you tried pressing your hotkey while in the game?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more