Print Screen key doesn't work on my Windows 11

Anonymous
2024-08-21T21:21:10+00:00

It has been working for a long time. Ever since there's been update. Updates were automatically. It messed up the application. How do I make my printscreen button to work again?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-17T23:26:41+00:00

    windows is up to date-today. print scree toggle is in on position.win-shift and s: screen darkens and stays dark, while white rectangle opens at top of page with opton to snip. I clicked it. That opened the next option- Record. Not interested. None of this was in the screenshot folder.

    I found win+print screen works as far as it being put in the screenshots folder, but I have to check each time . That's the only way to know it worked, Agravating without the diming to indicate it worked. Thank you for your time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-17T23:27:35+00:00

    windows is up to date-today. print scree toggle is in on position.win-shift and s: screen darkens and stays dark, while white rectangle opens at top of page with opton to snip. I clicked it. That opened the next option- Record. Not interested. None of this was in the screenshot folder.

    I found win+print screen works as far as it being put in the screenshots folder, but I have to check each time . That's the only way to know it worked, Agravating without the diming to indicate it worked. Thank you for your time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-17T23:28:32+00:00

    windows is up to date-today. print scree toggle is in on position.win-shift and s: screen darkens and stays dark, while white rectangle opens at top of page with opton to snip. I clicked it. That opened the next option- Record. Not interested. None of this was in the screenshot folder.

    I found win+print screen works as far as it being put in the screenshots folder, but I have to check each time . That's the only way to know it worked, Agravating without the diming to indicate it worked. Thank you for your time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-17T23:41:26+00:00

    screen capture on or off does't dim screen-only saves in screenshots

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-04T22:30:08+00:00

    HI! this is super late but i had this same problem. I figured out that windows key + function key + prt scr works, and puts screenshots where they should be no problem. I hope this is helpful to you or anyone else!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments