Print Screen key doesn't work on my Windows 11

Anonymous
2024-08-21T21:21:10+00:00

It has been working for a long time. Ever since there's been update. Updates were automatically. It messed up the application. How do I make my printscreen button to work again?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T22:23:21+00:00

    Ok. This is maybe a good solution that might work for others. I "right-click" in the screen and select "screen shot." That gives me the selection tool.

    Problem Solved!

    I hope this helps other people.

    Share a screenshot.

    I've never had that option on a windows PC ever (on the right-click). Not even if I show more options.

    Sounds like some other software has installed that option into that menu.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-20T04:33:09+00:00

    WIn+Shift+S which was so useful in WIndows 10 won't work anymore. Everything just minimizes...

    All the other ways also don't work - it won't save anything into Screenshot folder, won't open screen capture feature, nothing.

    So annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T22:04:33+00:00

    This solution works for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-22T22:06:50+00:00

    My right-click list says "Take screenshot". I paste mine into the Paint app. Then I can trim it to what I want and save it as a jpeg.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-31T19:30:49+00:00

    what is function?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments