Print Screen key doesn't work on my Windows 11

Anonymous
2024-08-21T21:21:10+00:00

It has been working for a long time. Ever since there's been update. Updates were automatically. It messed up the application. How do I make my printscreen button to work again?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T13:05:16+00:00

    I just came across this article where everything I did it would just capture both monitors and even the alt + prt scn would not work. For me it was because I has Logi+ Options installed it overrode the windows settings so even though I had use print screen key to open screen capture on it would not work.

    Going into Logi+ Options and and changing the print screen to just print screen fixed it for me.

    Amazing.

    Wonderful thinking around the box. Just shows how companies can do things but without communicating it change something entirely for users.

    And I wonder why they felt the need to change.

    To use their own software to harvest the image data?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-17T01:40:48+00:00

    it still doenst work

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T13:33:11+00:00

    I don't have a "Windows" button on my Logitech keyboard. Using "Function - Print Screen" copies both of my screens when what I want to show a student is a specific thing on one screen. I really need that functionability back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T13:37:25+00:00

    Ok. This is maybe a good solution that might work for others. I "right-click" in the screen and select "screen shot." That gives me the selection tool.

    Problem Solved!

    I hope this helps other people.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T18:33:35+00:00

    I have the same problem, need help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments