Incredible!!! It worked perfectly; thank you so much. I did not realize that Logitech+ had just recently had an update 01/25/2025 and with the new update, it overrode windows 11 settings, thats why it wasant working. As you said going to Logitech and changing the setting there did it for me, Thank you, thanks you, thank you!!! I was about to do a factory reset on my PC and you saved me from doing it.
Print Screen key doesn't work on my Windows 11
It has been working for a long time. Ever since there's been update. Updates were automatically. It messed up the application. How do I make my printscreen button to work again?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2025-02-04T20:41:00+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-02-04T00:59:37+00:00 That's not working for me. As best as I can tell, Windows has completely broken the PrtSc key.
Given how it's done the same thing for decades, you'd think they'd know better than to change its function.
I agree with this one!
-
Anonymous
2025-02-04T00:58:47+00:00 Thank you for reaching out! As an Independent Advisor and fellow Microsoft user, I'm happy to assist you.
To fix the Print Screen key on Windows 11, try restarting your computer, checking keyboard settings to ensure the Print Screen function is enabled, and updating Windows to the latest version. If it still doesn't work, use
Windows + Shift + Sas an alternative to capture screenshots.I removed the snipping tool and restarted my computer. (There are no instructions on how to use the snipping tool). In Windows 10 I would press the prt scn key and then Ctrl+v paste the item into Paint or Word. Windows 11 didn't do that. The snipping tool kept getting in the way. So I removed it, restarted the computer and still can't Ctrl+v my item. Even though I don't have the snipping tool, but a snipping tool like screen came up when I tried it.
I read through some of the other comments below but I can't understand what they are talking about - not enough information.
Since I have just installed Windows 11 on an existing computer I find this very scary. Yikes!
-
Anonymous
2025-02-03T17:26:29+00:00 That's not working for me. As best as I can tell, Windows has completely broken the PrtSc key.
Given how it's done the same thing for decades, you'd think they'd know better than to change its function.
-
Anonymous
2025-02-03T17:15:45+00:00 I tried that option. The PrtSc key still does nothing. It appears as though Microsoft has rendered the key inoperable.