Print Screen key doesn't work on my Windows 11

Anonymous
2024-08-21T21:21:10+00:00

It has been working for a long time. Ever since there's been update. Updates were automatically. It messed up the application. How do I make my printscreen button to work again?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-30T01:31:13+00:00

    Hi there, Iv'e had the same problem with windows 11 on a new computer and have just found a fix which is

    function + windows + print screen. The screen shots are located in Home File Explorer. Hope it works for you

    Was this answer helpful?

    50+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T15:30:11+00:00

    This doesn't help, I need the whole screen right away, when I used snipping tool all drop downs that I need to capture disappear. I used to be able to just hit PrintScr button and it immediately captured the whole screen, not need to faff around with options.

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-15T09:28:12+00:00

    My rectangular mode on the windows + shift + S function is not working. I am able to use it. But when i do it just leaves the prntscreen mode and doesnt even take the photoshot

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anuujin Enkhjargal 1,600 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-08-21T23:18:42+00:00

    Thank you for reaching out! As an Independent Advisor and fellow Microsoft user, I'm happy to assist you.

    To fix the Print Screen key on Windows 11, try restarting your computer, checking keyboard settings to ensure the Print Screen function is enabled, and updating Windows to the latest version. If it still doesn't work, use Windows + Shift + S as an alternative to capture screenshots.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments