Print Screen key doesn't work on my Windows 11

Anonymous
2024-08-21T21:21:10+00:00

It has been working for a long time. Ever since there's been update. Updates were automatically. It messed up the application. How do I make my printscreen button to work again?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-12T13:48:41+00:00

    same but how do we fix it (the square is on my screen but when i finish taking the picture the picture does not take).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-12T22:23:21+00:00

    Ok. This is maybe a good solution that might work for others. I "right-click" in the screen and select "screen shot." That gives me the selection tool.

    Problem Solved!

    I hope this helps other people.

    Share a screenshot.

    I've never had that option on a windows PC ever (on the right-click). Not even if I show more options.

    Sounds like some other software has installed that option into that menu.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-04T00:58:47+00:00

    Thank you for reaching out! As an Independent Advisor and fellow Microsoft user, I'm happy to assist you.

    To fix the Print Screen key on Windows 11, try restarting your computer, checking keyboard settings to ensure the Print Screen function is enabled, and updating Windows to the latest version. If it still doesn't work, use Windows + Shift + S as an alternative to capture screenshots.

    I removed the snipping tool and restarted my computer. (There are no instructions on how to use the snipping tool). In Windows 10 I would press the prt scn key and then Ctrl+v paste the item into Paint or Word. Windows 11 didn't do that. The snipping tool kept getting in the way. So I removed it, restarted the computer and still can't Ctrl+v my item. Even though I don't have the snipping tool, but a snipping tool like screen came up when I tried it.

    I read through some of the other comments below but I can't understand what they are talking about - not enough information.

    Since I have just installed Windows 11 on an existing computer I find this very scary. Yikes!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T23:41:22+00:00

    What functionality is used by pressing Win+Shift+S? Is it this that is preventing any other app from working? How can this be disabled please? Is this it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-16T02:53:01+00:00

    Had the same problem and tried for hours to screen shot and send to paint. This way , FN+windows +print screen worked...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments