My rectangular mode on the windows + shift + S function is not working. I am able to use it. But when i do it just leaves the prntscreen mode and doesnt even take the photoshot
Print Screen key doesn't work on my Windows 11
It has been working for a long time. Ever since there's been update. Updates were automatically. It messed up the application. How do I make my printscreen button to work again?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-10-15T09:28:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-01-20T23:39:40+00:00 No print screen app will work on Win11. I've tried LightShow, ShareX, Greenshot j(the latter I have used for years on my Win10Home laptop), have spent an hour on the phone with a Win11 Tech support officer who was VERY helpful and thorough, and also spent an hour on the phone with a Lenovo Yoga expert who was also very helpful and thorough and neither of them could get any screen snipping program working on my laptop. The problem seems to be with the PrtSc key - no matter what they did it wouldn't work. We've edited via Regedit and reassigned the PrtSc key in the settings for each of the above-mentioned apps and that didn't work either. Win11 is buggy. I'm sorry I bought a new laptop.
I'm still working with them
-
Anonymous
2025-02-03T17:26:29+00:00 That's not working for me. As best as I can tell, Windows has completely broken the PrtSc key.
Given how it's done the same thing for decades, you'd think they'd know better than to change its function.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-30T04:43:05+00:00 Thanks Paul. Yes Function+Windows+PrintScreen works on my brand new, straight out of the box PC. And better yet, those Screen Shots automatically go to the Screenshots folder in Pictures on my computer, which is the long standing default location, as far as I know. Also, the Windows+Shift+S combinaton sends screen shots to the same Screenshots folder, but it's a more complicated option with several different choices. I was looking for the simplest way to get a Screenshot of the whole screen, and your option does do that. Though it would really be nice if the Print Screen button actually got that done with one click, the way it used to do at some point in time. wouldn't it? lol.
-
Anonymous
2024-11-30T01:35:12+00:00 Hi there I've had the same problem and have just discovered a fix which is function + windows + print screen
you will find screen shots in Home File Explorer