I do not see any problem indicated with your system now, if you are still having problem with Blender, it may be best to contact Blender support on their website, that may have a patch available for that software.
Need Help with BSOD Issues on My PC - Mostly Occurs with 3D Software
I’m not very knowledgeable about computers, so I’ve tried to describe the issues I’m facing as thoroughly as possible. I’m encountering BSOD problems, and they seem to be mostly related to 3D software, though I’m not entirely sure if it’s limited to just that.
For example, I have never had any issues running heavy tasks on Adobe programs like After Effects, Photoshop, or Premiere Pro, even when using them simultaneously. However, with Blender (version 4.1) and Unreal Engine (version 5.4), BSODs occur unpredictably.
In Blender, if I try to render using the CPU, I get a BSOD almost immediately (rendering with the GPU often causes the program to crash, but without a BSOD). Even during simple tasks, the program crashes or shows a BSOD at intervals ranging from as short as 5 minutes to several hours.
Unreal Engine sometimes triggers a BSOD right after launching, and I’ve noticed occasional crashes when running 3D games as well.
I’m not entirely sure if the problem is only with 3D software, so I really need help figuring this out.
Here are my computer specs:
- Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI
- CPU: Intel i7-14700K
- Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12G
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (32 x 2)
I’ve attached the memory minidumps for reference. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
my thoughts:
Maybe your 14700k is commiting suicide ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swm7n88QmLA Related video)
Maybe you don't have drivers installed for your graphics card and CPU
You might want to check the Event Viewer app if you're using windows, This might add more detailed information about the crash
41 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-08-10T07:41:29+00:00 Thank you for the images, Verifier is disabled.
The best option now may be to perform an in-place repair with the Windows 11 ISO to stabilise your system.
Please follow the steps, this is then not like re-installing Windows, it is just like an update and your personal files, settings and installed software will not be affected.
Click this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Windows 11 ISO
When the ISO file completes downloading
Disconnect from the Internet
Disconnect all external devices with the exception of a mouse or keyboard.
Temporarily disable any 3rd party Anti-virus you may have installed
Then, in Windows File Explorer, double click the ISO and then run Setup.exe and select the Install option.
-
Anonymous
2024-08-10T07:56:24+00:00 Is downloading the "Windows 11 Disk Image (ISO) for x64 devices" the correct step? When I click the download button, the loading bar appears briefly but then disappears without doing anything. It seems like the download isn’t working.