Need Help with BSOD Issues on My PC - Mostly Occurs with 3D Software

Anonymous
2024-08-09T12:47:04+00:00

I’m not very knowledgeable about computers, so I’ve tried to describe the issues I’m facing as thoroughly as possible. I’m encountering BSOD problems, and they seem to be mostly related to 3D software, though I’m not entirely sure if it’s limited to just that.

For example, I have never had any issues running heavy tasks on Adobe programs like After Effects, Photoshop, or Premiere Pro, even when using them simultaneously. However, with Blender (version 4.1) and Unreal Engine (version 5.4), BSODs occur unpredictably.

In Blender, if I try to render using the CPU, I get a BSOD almost immediately (rendering with the GPU often causes the program to crash, but without a BSOD). Even during simple tasks, the program crashes or shows a BSOD at intervals ranging from as short as 5 minutes to several hours.

Unreal Engine sometimes triggers a BSOD right after launching, and I’ve noticed occasional crashes when running 3D games as well.

I’m not entirely sure if the problem is only with 3D software, so I really need help figuring this out.

Here are my computer specs:

  • Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI
  • CPU: Intel i7-14700K
  • Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12G
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (32 x 2)

I’ve attached the memory minidumps for reference. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Dumps

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-08-10T11:34:08+00:00

I do not see any problem indicated with your system now, if you are still having problem with Blender, it may be best to contact Blender support on their website, that may have a patch available for that software.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-08-09T13:26:51+00:00

my thoughts:

Maybe your 14700k is commiting suicide ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swm7n88QmLA Related video)

Maybe you don't have drivers installed for your graphics card and CPU

You might want to check the Event Viewer app if you're using windows, This might add more detailed information about the crash

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-10T07:41:29+00:00

    Thank you for the images, Verifier is disabled.

    The best option now may be to perform an in-place repair with the Windows 11 ISO to stabilise your system.

    Please follow the steps, this is then not like re-installing Windows, it is just like an update and your personal files, settings and installed software will not be affected.

    Click this link:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

    to download the Windows 11 ISO

    When the ISO file completes downloading

    Disconnect from the Internet

    Disconnect all external devices with the exception of a mouse or keyboard.

    Temporarily disable any 3rd party Anti-virus you may have installed

    Then, in Windows File Explorer, double click the ISO and then run Setup.exe and select the Install option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-10T07:36:03+00:00

    ImageImageImage

    It seems to me that the Verifier settings have been reset and are now back to their original state.

    In the "Settings and Verified Drivers" window, it shows that none of the settings are currently in use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-10T06:06:40+00:00

    Running Verifier should not have any lasting effects, please open Verifier and provide a screenshot of that window, it may still be enabled.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments