Need Help with BSOD Issues on My PC - Mostly Occurs with 3D Software

Anonymous
2024-08-09T12:47:04+00:00

I’m not very knowledgeable about computers, so I’ve tried to describe the issues I’m facing as thoroughly as possible. I’m encountering BSOD problems, and they seem to be mostly related to 3D software, though I’m not entirely sure if it’s limited to just that.

For example, I have never had any issues running heavy tasks on Adobe programs like After Effects, Photoshop, or Premiere Pro, even when using them simultaneously. However, with Blender (version 4.1) and Unreal Engine (version 5.4), BSODs occur unpredictably.

In Blender, if I try to render using the CPU, I get a BSOD almost immediately (rendering with the GPU often causes the program to crash, but without a BSOD). Even during simple tasks, the program crashes or shows a BSOD at intervals ranging from as short as 5 minutes to several hours.

Unreal Engine sometimes triggers a BSOD right after launching, and I’ve noticed occasional crashes when running 3D games as well.

I’m not entirely sure if the problem is only with 3D software, so I really need help figuring this out.

Here are my computer specs:

  • Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI
  • CPU: Intel i7-14700K
  • Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12G
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (32 x 2)

I’ve attached the memory minidumps for reference. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Dumps

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-08-10T11:34:08+00:00

I do not see any problem indicated with your system now, if you are still having problem with Blender, it may be best to contact Blender support on their website, that may have a patch available for that software.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-08-09T13:26:51+00:00

my thoughts:

Maybe your 14700k is commiting suicide ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swm7n88QmLA Related video)

Maybe you don't have drivers installed for your graphics card and CPU

You might want to check the Event Viewer app if you're using windows, This might add more detailed information about the crash

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-09T15:45:17+00:00

    Driver Verifier indicates it is a driver associated to an XP-Pen tablet that is causing your system to crash.

    With regards to your Audio, that is not normal, go to the support page for your motherboard to download and re-install the version of HD audio drivers they provide.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-09T15:39:31+00:00

    Sorry! There was an error. Here is new link: New Dumps2


    Additionally, after following the above steps, I ran the commands verifier /reset and verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail, then rebooted my computer. However, after rebooting, my audio output device has disappeared, and the computer is no longer outputting sound. Is this normal?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-09T15:27:29+00:00

    I tried to donwload your new minidump files, but your link is empty, please try uploading those files again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments