I do not see any problem indicated with your system now, if you are still having problem with Blender, it may be best to contact Blender support on their website, that may have a patch available for that software.
Need Help with BSOD Issues on My PC - Mostly Occurs with 3D Software
I’m not very knowledgeable about computers, so I’ve tried to describe the issues I’m facing as thoroughly as possible. I’m encountering BSOD problems, and they seem to be mostly related to 3D software, though I’m not entirely sure if it’s limited to just that.
For example, I have never had any issues running heavy tasks on Adobe programs like After Effects, Photoshop, or Premiere Pro, even when using them simultaneously. However, with Blender (version 4.1) and Unreal Engine (version 5.4), BSODs occur unpredictably.
In Blender, if I try to render using the CPU, I get a BSOD almost immediately (rendering with the GPU often causes the program to crash, but without a BSOD). Even during simple tasks, the program crashes or shows a BSOD at intervals ranging from as short as 5 minutes to several hours.
Unreal Engine sometimes triggers a BSOD right after launching, and I’ve noticed occasional crashes when running 3D games as well.
I’m not entirely sure if the problem is only with 3D software, so I really need help figuring this out.
Here are my computer specs:
- Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI
- CPU: Intel i7-14700K
- Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12G
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (32 x 2)
I’ve attached the memory minidumps for reference. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
my thoughts:
Maybe your 14700k is commiting suicide ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swm7n88QmLA Related video)
Maybe you don't have drivers installed for your graphics card and CPU
You might want to check the Event Viewer app if you're using windows, This might add more detailed information about the crash
41 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-08-10T11:03:12+00:00 Open the Settings App, then go to System - Troubleshoot - Other Troubleshooters, and from there, run the Update troubleshooter.
-
Anonymous
2024-08-10T10:36:43+00:00 Turn off the button shown below to stop optional preview updates.
Open File Explorer, then navigate to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
Delete the contents of that folder, not the folder itself and restart (not shut down) your PC, and try starting those updates again to see if the updates then start to install..
.