I do not see any problem indicated with your system now, if you are still having problem with Blender, it may be best to contact Blender support on their website, that may have a patch available for that software.
Need Help with BSOD Issues on My PC - Mostly Occurs with 3D Software
I’m not very knowledgeable about computers, so I’ve tried to describe the issues I’m facing as thoroughly as possible. I’m encountering BSOD problems, and they seem to be mostly related to 3D software, though I’m not entirely sure if it’s limited to just that.
For example, I have never had any issues running heavy tasks on Adobe programs like After Effects, Photoshop, or Premiere Pro, even when using them simultaneously. However, with Blender (version 4.1) and Unreal Engine (version 5.4), BSODs occur unpredictably.
In Blender, if I try to render using the CPU, I get a BSOD almost immediately (rendering with the GPU often causes the program to crash, but without a BSOD). Even during simple tasks, the program crashes or shows a BSOD at intervals ranging from as short as 5 minutes to several hours.
Unreal Engine sometimes triggers a BSOD right after launching, and I’ve noticed occasional crashes when running 3D games as well.
I’m not entirely sure if the problem is only with 3D software, so I really need help figuring this out.
Here are my computer specs:
- Motherboard: MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK WIFI
- CPU: Intel i7-14700K
- Graphics Card: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Gaming OC 12G
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (32 x 2)
I’ve attached the memory minidumps for reference. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
my thoughts:
Maybe your 14700k is commiting suicide ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swm7n88QmLA Related video)
Maybe you don't have drivers installed for your graphics card and CPU
You might want to check the Event Viewer app if you're using windows, This might add more detailed information about the crash
41 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-08-09T15:27:29+00:00 I tried to donwload your new minidump files, but your link is empty, please try uploading those files again.
-
Anonymous
2024-08-09T15:23:19+00:00 Hello! First of all, thank you for your response. I apologize for the delayed reply, as I was trying out the various suggestions you provided. After running the Verifier as instructed, I encountered two BSODs and created new dump files: New Dumps
Firstly, while working in Blender, I experienced a BSOD with the stop code: **KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED**.
Secondly, I tried rendering in Blender using the Cycles mode with the CPU, which triggered another BSOD. This time, the stop code was: **CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT**.
Thirdly, when I launched Unreal Engine, the system crashed and displayed the following message:
Lastly, during another attempt to launch Unreal Engine, the computer completely froze during the loading process. I waited for about 10 minutes, but there was no response, so I had to hold down the power button to force a reboot.
-
Anonymous
2024-08-09T13:22:03+00:00 Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.
Your minidump files just indicate memory (RAM) corruption no specific cause of the crashes is listed, and your GPU is also not indicated.
To try to force Windows 11 to show any faulting drivers (if any), the best option would be to turn on Driver Verifier, let your PC crash 3 times, then you must turn off Driver Verifier, and finally, upload any newly created minidump files
Before you run Driver Verifier, please create a new System Restore Point
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Note, if you have any difficulty getting into Windows with Driver Verifier enabled:
Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down
Do this twice
On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.
Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Settings and click Restart
Upon restart, press 4 to enter Safe Mode
Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run these two commands, then restart your PC.
verifier /reset
verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail