Yes it is set up in us
Can't switch out of s mode
Windows 11 on a new laptop obviously stuck in s mode.
Have followed all tips from possibly every message board out there but my problem seems different from a lot of others as the store page to get out of s mode doesn't seem to be there at all.
All apps & programs up to date, caches cleared, pc restarted, different accounts tried.
When following the system activation through settings the link to the store it opens up and tells me "the thing I'm looking for isn't here"
What an absolute garbage initial setting to put any version of windows in.
UPDATE - Fixed and finally out of s mode. It worked for me with the following (obviously have everything updated to current versions).
1 - Log out of your microsoft/hotmail account on the microsoft store and once logged out close it
2 - Press the windows key and R to bring up the run prompt, type wsreset.exe and click ok
3 - open the microsoft store back up and WITHOUT logging back in search for the 'switch out of s mode' app (for me it actually showed up for once)
4 - once clicking the app and clicking 'get' it will ask you to sign in and you will be able to deactivate s mode.
Thank you to everyone who commented and made suggestions, Hopefully the way that worked for me works for someone else and they don't have to deal with days of not being able to use their laptop because of s mode.
Cheers
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-10-17T17:03:55+00:00 -
Neil D 34,340 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2024-10-17T17:28:38+00:00 Okay so it's not a region thing then. I suspect it's server related so you should either wait or Microsoft contact support directly.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-17T17:46:24+00:00 I have the same issue and need to exit s-mode ASAP, very frustrating. Any suggestion?
-
Anonymous
2024-10-17T18:34:45+00:00 I logged a call with Microsoft via the help app, within an hour they called back and talked me through how to resolve it, cant thanks them enough, excellent service.
-
Neil D 34,340 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2024-10-17T18:35:10+00:00 I've already posted the only solution I can think of currently, contact Microsoft Support directly via the Get Help app. If their method for switching out is not working they may be able to give more assistance.
There have been a lots of users on this thread and I've seen a couple of other which suggests a server side problem.