Yes, set the OS Type to Windows UEFI so that Secure Boot is enabled and everything will be configured correctly.
How to enable secure boot?
In the bios it says that I have secure boot enabled and deafult secure keys unloaded and I clicked install deafult secure keys and again it says unloaded. What should I do, how to enable secure boot![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/32d1a18f-a6a5-4a5a-85f1-ea652c871771?platform=QnA
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-10-22T20:49:10+00:00 In this case, enable the option again to check if your Windows partition is installed in GPT or MBR.
When starting the computer, press the Windows key + X and open Disk Manager
Right-click on the bottom left of the disk where your system is installed.
Go to Properties > Volumes
If it is installed as MBR, you will need to change it to GPT;
Open the Command Prompt, click on the start menu and type cmd and run as administrator.
Copy and paste the command to validate if the disk is compatible;
mbr2gpt /validate
Copy and paste the command to convert;
mbr2gpt /convert
Restart the computer and disable CSM again.
source: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deplo...
*The conversion should not affect your data, but if you want, you can make a backup.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-22T21:08:42+00:00 I can install windows 11 via usb, but my boot option is windows boot manager, is that okay?
-
Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-10-22T21:13:12+00:00 If the computer recognizes the USB and you press the key to enter the installation screen, there is no problem.
Were you able to verify the disk with the steps above?
-
Anonymous
2024-10-22T21:24:00+00:00 I don't know if it's better to install via usb or to follow these steps you wrote