How to enable secure boot?

Anonymous
2024-10-21T21:13:53+00:00

In the bios it says that I have secure boot enabled and deafult secure keys unloaded and I clicked install deafult secure keys and again it says unloaded. What should I do, how to enable secure boot![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/32d1a18f-a6a5-4a5a-85f1-ea652c871771?platform=QnA

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-10-23T21:11:43+00:00

Yes, set the OS Type to Windows UEFI so that Secure Boot is enabled and everything will be configured correctly.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-23T21:02:53+00:00

    Only the disk where Windows is installed needs to be in GPT, it's ok.

    In BIOS Secure Boot, which option is set in OS Type?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T21:05:02+00:00

    other os should I leave other os or windows uefi mode

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-23T21:07:01+00:00

    Windows UEFI Mode so that secure boot is turned on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T21:08:41+00:00

    does that mean I just have to change to Windows UEFI and that's it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments