How to enable secure boot?

Anonymous
2024-10-21T21:13:53+00:00

In the bios it says that I have secure boot enabled and deafult secure keys unloaded and I clicked install deafult secure keys and again it says unloaded. What should I do, how to enable secure boot![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/32d1a18f-a6a5-4a5a-85f1-ea652c871771?platform=QnA

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-10-23T21:11:43+00:00

Yes, set the OS Type to Windows UEFI so that Secure Boot is enabled and everything will be configured correctly.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-22T21:31:27+00:00

    Try following the steps I sent, after converting the disk, disable CSM and see if Windows starts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-22T21:24:00+00:00

    I don't know if it's better to install via usb or to follow these steps you wrote

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-22T21:13:12+00:00

    If the computer recognizes the USB and you press the key to enter the installation screen, there is no problem.

    Were you able to verify the disk with the steps above?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-22T21:08:42+00:00

    I can install windows 11 via usb, but my boot option is windows boot manager, is that okay?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments