How to enable secure boot?

Anonymous
2024-10-21T21:13:53+00:00

In the bios it says that I have secure boot enabled and deafult secure keys unloaded and I clicked install deafult secure keys and again it says unloaded. What should I do, how to enable secure boot![](https://learn-attachment.microsoft.com/api/attachments/32d1a18f-a6a5-4a5a-85f1-ea652c871771?platform=QnA

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2024-10-23T21:11:43+00:00

Yes, set the OS Type to Windows UEFI so that Secure Boot is enabled and everything will be configured correctly.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-23T20:20:17+00:00

    To install Windows 11, secure boot must be enabled and the BIOS must be in UEFI mode.

    Since your partition is in MBR mode, disabling CSM will prevent you from booting the system because it must be in GPT, which is also necessary to enable UEFI mode.

    Therefore, if you are going to do a clean installation of Windows, you need to disable CSM and delete the partitions during the installation. When you create a new one, it should automatically convert to GPT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T20:02:16+00:00

    This is what it says to me when I install windows via satag6, and when I install via usb, the windows boot manager option is boot 1 and then it says that the boot must be enabled and bios mode uefi

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-23T19:55:18+00:00

    Installing Windows 11?

    Check if Secure Boot is enabled, click on the Start menu and type msinfo32

    Search for Secure Boot and see if it is on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-23T19:48:56+00:00

    why should I turn off csm and create gpt partitions, I didn't do anything when I installed it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments