any one having issues after trying to do this update "2024-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5043145)" ?

Anonymous
2024-09-27T00:32:42+00:00

it seems like my HP Victus laptop keeps getting stuck on the start up loading section. Seems like the update has a glitch.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Airbus A350 8,105 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-10T17:47:28+00:00

    I think that Microsoft released a KIR (Known Issue Recall) and if your computer doesn't boot to Windows 11, it's probably best to go to WinRE to uninstall the latest quality update by powering on the device, and then turning it off after you see the manufacturer logo (before you see the spinning dots) and repeat that process about three times, and then you will be in WinRE. If you get a prompt that says something like "Looks like Windows didn't load correctly", push the "See advanced repair options", then push "Troubleshoot", then "Uninstall Updates", and then in the next screen, push "uninstall latest quality update". You may need your BitLocker recovery key (you can find this at https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey). Let WinRE do its job, and then you should be able to go back to Windows. It would be good to backup your device regularly, as things like this may happen.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T10:51:57+00:00

    this update makes my internet lose connection every time my pc wakes from sleep. I have to restart the ethernet adapter every time. would appreciate if the devs could fix this eventually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-03T03:22:19+00:00

    Mine was a few months old, didn’t do system restore but “fix startup issues” or similar, and it worked.. and the second time it installed the update I got it starteed, ans it froze, on third it started behaving normally.. I’m not thrilled about it.. but ok, it works ok now - I never had a single issue like this on a new macbook - it just gave me mouseclick issues a few times that required a reboot

    (My new asus laptop freezes keyboard access every so often)..

    Really after 20 years of using microsoft - I really want it to not break any more randomly

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-02T21:44:13+00:00

    mine had no restore points brand new computer had to do a system reset

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-02T21:43:09+00:00

    My computer downloaded this update & now I get it to completely shut off. I have tried everything known to man to achieve this with no luck. I tweeked the power button fast start up unchecked it. I did a system reset to get it off the computer after it was wrecking havoc. Can you advise me on how I can fix this issue with the computer not totally shutting down. All help will be greatly appreciated.

    kinds regards,

    Nancy Hawthorne

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments