any one having issues after trying to do this update "2024-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5043145)" ?

Anonymous
2024-09-27T00:32:42+00:00

it seems like my HP Victus laptop keeps getting stuck on the start up loading section. Seems like the update has a glitch.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-27T06:36:40+00:00

    Yeah, my Cyberpower PC completely froze after this update. Had to boot from bios and do a system repair to undo the update. Won't be doing auto updates for a while now and I'll tell my kids to do the same if the update caused the same glitch. So far, though, I seem to be the only one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-09-27T03:06:45+00:00

    Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

    Microsoft has begun implementing and releasing Optional preview updates that are typically released on the 3rd or 4th week of every month. These updates allow admins to test the patch before its mandatory launch on Patch Tuesday (2nd week of the month). If you are not experiencing any issues with your system, there is no need to install the preview update.

    I recommend using the “Show or Hide Updates” troubleshooter to hide the preview update. Windows Update won’t install hidden updates. Run the troubleshooter then please try to hide the Cumulative Update Preview (KB5043145) that will show in the list. You may try restarting your pc if it helps.

    http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/2/F2...

    Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have further concerns by clicking the "Reply" button below to continue the conversation.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments