any one having issues after trying to do this update "2024-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5043145)" ?

Anonymous
2024-09-27T00:32:42+00:00

it seems like my HP Victus laptop keeps getting stuck on the start up loading section. Seems like the update has a glitch.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Airbus A350 8,105 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-15T17:43:50+00:00

    Hello,

    I'm not sure that you saw my post about uninstalling the latest quality update, people have said that it worked and that they got their system back. There's no reason to take your PC to Geek Squad, all they do is charge you for wiping your hard drive and reinstalling Windows, which in reality only takes $8 (the price to buy an 8GB USB) and reinstalling Windows, or no money at all, which is to reset your laptop yourself. You don't have to install updates, however your system will suffer from bugs (e.g. this update) and you have the option to wait until you find an update that you think will work (which is why the Pause Updates option is available to you).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-14T21:28:10+00:00

    Your updates are stupid and ridiculous. My computer is now at the Geek Squad for service. They need to wipe my hard drive clean and reinstall everything. I need this computer for a talk I am giving in a few weeks. Why doesn't Microsoft try out their updates before screwing up the rest of the world. I am now in for considerable money because of your negligence. Nice job.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-11T16:59:17+00:00

    Hi, Airbus A350,

    Thank you for your advice. I read that updating to 24H2 then you shall have an almost 9GB disk space taken...

    Yes, I am going to hold off on updating for three to four weeks; and keep checking the info going around.

    Meanwhile have a lot of other stuff to install and inspect in the new office Building.

    Any way I just read the info here below on the NEOWIN news of yesterday, and

    made me stick to use your update-delay advice.

    "This week, Microsoft released Patch Tuesday updates for October 2024 for Windows 10 (KB5044273 / KB5044277 / KB5044293 / KB5044286) and Windows 11 (KB5044284, KB5044285, KB5044280).

    KB5044284 is the first Patch Tuesday update (B-release) for Windows 11 version 24H2, bumping up the build number to 26100.2033. Microsoft has now made this update available via its Media Creation Tool, which can be downloaded from the company'sofficial website(noticed by the German siteDeskmodder)."

    Take care

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Airbus A350 8,105 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-11T13:02:44+00:00

    Hi Roberto,

    It might be best to hold off on updating to Windows 11 24H2 as there are lots of errors that have been happening like Windows Update taking up 9 GB of space on the disk and many more issues. It might be best to hold off on updating to 24H2 for about two to four weeks until the next Patch Tuesday, or maybe a little earlier, although the choice is up to the consumer/IT admin.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-10T18:26:45+00:00

    Hi Airbus A350,

    Thanks for your reply.

    I did the Advanced Recovery and got my system back.

    Any way now I have suspended all Updates.

    I am getting ready to update our office pcs Dell-Opti Plex-3000-MT-G12-Ci5, to Windows 11 24H2, I shall start with one during the weekend and see how it will respond.

    Hope not to run to installation issues.

    Any way thanks for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments