it wont even let me download this update on my computer i keep getting an error code: Download error - 0x80246019. after clicking install it stays at 0% and gives the error
any one having issues after trying to do this update "2024-09 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5043145)" ?
it seems like my HP Victus laptop keeps getting stuck on the start up loading section. Seems like the update has a glitch.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-09-27T20:23:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-09-27T20:01:36+00:00 I also had major problems with this. My Precision 5860 tower got stuck on the reboot after applying the update. Several reboots it detected a problem and resolved itself. When later I ran windows update, KB5043145 came up. I tried to install it and got in a right mess. Had to do windows recovery back to restore point prior to original update attempt.
-
Anonymous
2024-09-27T18:15:54+00:00 Yes, I Just had this issue and now I'm afraid to even update. Won't update for a while now I guess.
-
Anonymous
2024-09-27T16:30:06+00:00 I have the same problem - HP Victus. I had to revert using the recovery keys and have now paused updates for 4 weeks.
It freezes on first reboot after installation.
Have tried most of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOWJ9jxw1FA but still doesn't work.
-
Anonymous
2024-09-27T14:56:54+00:00 Following installing this update on a Microsoft Surface Pro laptop getting BSOD. It seems to be indicating a DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION. I've not been able to diagnose further yet but it suggests an incompatibility with this update and some common driver as a possible cause. I've had to go through bitlock recovery every failed installed so I'm not going to try again and will pause updates.