Windows 11 OEM licence deactivated after 24h2 update

Anonymous
2024-10-21T20:30:54+00:00

Hello,

A few days ago I installed the new 24h2 update on my laptop and after rebooting the system, my Windows 11 Home license no longer worked. Every time I went to the Configuration place where the licenses are activated, it would show an error 0xC004F213. Every time I would click on "Solve problems" it would not provide me with any solution.

After 1 day, I tried to enter my license as a new license, by clicking on "Change product key" and pasted my current license. Again, this would not solve the problem and throw me an error. This time the code was 0x803fa067.

Now, I constantly have that error saying that my license is not valid. https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpgI have checked and downgrading to the previous version 23h also seems impossible.

Is there any fix for this or am I going to lose my valid and paid license due to an update bug?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T15:44:57+00:00

    We are seeing the same issue with our enterprise licences when upgrading from 22h2 to 24h2 using windows update for business within intune if we put the enterprise Mac key in again it will re licence, however this is not a solution when we are on the cusp of upgrading 2000+ devices in the next 3 months

    is there any solution as of yet

    Hello Darrell,

    I have the same issue with enterprise licenses updating from 22h2 to 24h2 thru Intune, the issue is not presenting on all the devices but is happening on a few of them. Do you find a solution? my work around for now is to remotely trigger the command to re activate: slmgr.vbs DeviceName AdminUser AdminUserPassword /ato but i;m looking for a solution.

    Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T16:00:43+00:00

    working with MS support atm, but getting nowhere fast , ours wont reactivate as the update is stripping the license number from the devices

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T10:17:50+00:00

    shouldnt need to do this and not really an option with 2k + devices to update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-08T07:45:57+00:00

    And in any case, this approach doesn't work for me

    23H2 - activated with the proper key

    24H2 - not activated, reentering the same key doesn't help

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-28T16:00:45+00:00

    Now it's end of May, and this problem STILL has not been resolved by Microsoft, as my system failed today for the third time to install 24H2 and yet to retain my licence.

    My Win11 was pre-installed when I bought the computer, and it has an official digital licence, hence all suggested attempts to retrieve a product key are bound to fail. All provided troubleshooting routines have failed. Microsoft was thoroughly unable to indicate any way how to get a digital licence back they have themselves killed. The only solution I can offer is this:

    (1) Return to the previous build (in my case: 23H2). This proved to be the ONLY available way to get my licence back.
    (2) Never try to install 24H2 again.
    (3) Frack Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments