Windows 11 OEM licence deactivated after 24h2 update

Anonymous
2024-10-21T20:30:54+00:00

Hello,

A few days ago I installed the new 24h2 update on my laptop and after rebooting the system, my Windows 11 Home license no longer worked. Every time I went to the Configuration place where the licenses are activated, it would show an error 0xC004F213. Every time I would click on "Solve problems" it would not provide me with any solution.

After 1 day, I tried to enter my license as a new license, by clicking on "Change product key" and pasted my current license. Again, this would not solve the problem and throw me an error. This time the code was 0x803fa067.

Now, I constantly have that error saying that my license is not valid. https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpgI have checked and downgrading to the previous version 23h also seems impossible.

Is there any fix for this or am I going to lose my valid and paid license due to an update bug?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-23T11:47:57+00:00

    I have tried every step and now I have lost my W11 Pro, I still have my key but it doesn't work no matter how many hours I spend trying to fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-28T11:04:26+00:00

    Just located my product key for Windows 11 Pro and tried to re-enter the key.

    However, Windows gave me the following error message when trying to enter the second character of the key "Some of these characters can't appear in the product key." I'm wondering if the letter "I" is no longer welcome????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T16:41:37+00:00

    H'able Sir,

    i am suffering problem for windows activation 11 pro 24Hz

    am Sorry I can't get the windows activation procuct key right now as I don't have much money. But soon I will collect / deposit the money in 3 months and get the product key.

    Please help me and support me

    thank you Sir

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T22:00:12+00:00

    We are having the same issue on many devices, but not all devices. Is there a way to prevent this issue before doing the update? Is the update actually changing the current license key or just breaking it activation somehow? Why has Microsoft not included this a bug for the 24h2 release yet?

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-24h2

    Does Microsoft plan on fixing this issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T11:36:34+00:00

    Same here,

    bought an original license for several hundred Euros from an official vendor to switch a Win11-capable machine (all hardware requirements met) from Linux to Win11.

    Now after the 24H2 update the product key went missing (and of course I can't find the card I got it on).

    Maybe it was a mistake to change from Linux in the first place...

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments