Windows 11 OEM licence deactivated after 24h2 update

Anonymous
2024-10-21T20:30:54+00:00

Hello,

A few days ago I installed the new 24h2 update on my laptop and after rebooting the system, my Windows 11 Home license no longer worked. Every time I went to the Configuration place where the licenses are activated, it would show an error 0xC004F213. Every time I would click on "Solve problems" it would not provide me with any solution.

After 1 day, I tried to enter my license as a new license, by clicking on "Change product key" and pasted my current license. Again, this would not solve the problem and throw me an error. This time the code was 0x803fa067.

Now, I constantly have that error saying that my license is not valid. https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpgI have checked and downgrading to the previous version 23h also seems impossible.

Is there any fix for this or am I going to lose my valid and paid license due to an update bug?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T01:00:00+00:00

    The same problem, the given solution was no good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T16:24:17+00:00

    Hello, Valkyre here

    In the end, I contacted with the seller where I got my laptop and my license installed. Their support team fixed it by providing me a new license and activating Windows again with it. Now I have a new license.

    Sorry I cannot be of greater help :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-11T20:50:30+00:00

    the steps after "Go to the following Web site: Contact - Microsoft Support. " are not possible as there is no "Products and services" menu on that page.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T23:17:40+00:00

    Had this issue, uninstalled last update then reboot and the problem is now gone.. it has something to do with the recent patch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-21T00:26:26+00:00

    Me too. Just accepted 24H2 and it DEACTIVATED my system so bad that now it won't even let me buy Windows Home to Pro upgrade again. No one is calling me back either. So sad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments