2025 i got update and windows deactived
Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 24H2 IS26200.5622
Windows: 1000.26100.121.0
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hello,
A few days ago I installed the new 24h2 update on my laptop and after rebooting the system, my Windows 11 Home license no longer worked. Every time I went to the Configuration place where the licenses are activated, it would show an error 0xC004F213. Every time I would click on "Solve problems" it would not provide me with any solution.
After 1 day, I tried to enter my license as a new license, by clicking on "Change product key" and pasted my current license. Again, this would not solve the problem and throw me an error. This time the code was 0x803fa067.
Now, I constantly have that error saying that my license is not valid. https://answers-afd.microsoft.com/static/images/image-not-found.jpgI have checked and downgrading to the previous version 23h also seems impossible.
Is there any fix for this or am I going to lose my valid and paid license due to an update bug?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
2025 i got update and windows deactived
Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview 24H2 IS26200.5622
Windows: 1000.26100.121.0
I corresponded with Puget Systems, who built my computer. Following their instructions, I was able to resolve this in two steps.
BTW, Puget says technically this is a result not of 24H2, but rather this October update: KB 5044285; That KB was an optional update which had never been installed, and was included as a "catch-up" update as part of the 24H2 package update.
Yes. I did this also. And paused updates for 5 weeks. This has been going on since October it seems. Now I just noticed I got 24H2 last week. Then had the Activate Windows watermark issue which is how you know your license is now "ungenuine". No one should have to purchase the cheap keys because MS has a bug in an update.
Hi I have the same problem. I finally installed 24H2 and it promptly deactivated my licence key. As the screenshots show, I have been happily using my Window 11 since early 2024 when 23H2 was installed.
On 26/1/2025, 24H2 was installed, and the 'original install date' was reset to 26/1/2025 and my product key was lost. Troubleshooter doesn't work. I've put in a service ticket and requested callback. I have no idea if MS will call back.
the steps after "Go to the following Web site: Contact - Microsoft Support. " are not possible as there is no "Products and services" menu on that page.