Why is my wifi adapter stuck on identifying

Anonymous
2024-10-29T22:10:30+00:00

A couple days ago I shutdown my PC, when I turned it back on, it would connect to the internet but it won’t provide internet access displaying “no internet, secured” on the wifi tab in the bottom right. In control panel, network connections won’t stop saying “identifying”. I have tried a network reset and it did not work. I tried to run the troubleshooter and it will not work because after the network reset windows started saying that I had not activated it, and I can activate it without wifi… I clicked the get help tab in settings and half the time it says I’m connected and didn’t find any issues the other half it says can’t connect to the internet with manually assigned ip address, but I have everything set to automatic. All other devices connected to the wifi work and my isp says that there are no issues from their end.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T19:43:22+00:00

    I have an iPad, but it wont open the downloaded file

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-30T19:43:38+00:00

    Unfortunately, to create the installation media you need internet access or it must be created on another computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-30T19:45:07+00:00

    Boot into safe mode with networking and see if the problem persists;

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/sta...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T19:56:26+00:00

    Ok, I’ll go to my school and try to use one of their computers, are there specific steps I need to follow to format the flash disk or do I just follow the steps above

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-30T19:59:32+00:00

    Just the steps I sent, but before the steps, see if the problem is also happening in safe mode with networking with the link above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments