Why is my wifi adapter stuck on identifying

Anonymous
2024-10-29T22:10:30+00:00

A couple days ago I shutdown my PC, when I turned it back on, it would connect to the internet but it won’t provide internet access displaying “no internet, secured” on the wifi tab in the bottom right. In control panel, network connections won’t stop saying “identifying”. I have tried a network reset and it did not work. I tried to run the troubleshooter and it will not work because after the network reset windows started saying that I had not activated it, and I can activate it without wifi… I clicked the get help tab in settings and half the time it says I’m connected and didn’t find any issues the other half it says can’t connect to the internet with manually assigned ip address, but I have everything set to automatic. All other devices connected to the wifi work and my isp says that there are no issues from their end.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T14:41:10+00:00

    Still nothing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T14:44:43+00:00

    I should add that on occasion it allows me to perform a google search but won’t let me enter any websites. It says ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-30T15:10:56+00:00

    Can you connect to the internet via cable?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T15:30:42+00:00

    I’m going to the store right now to get one, I’ll get back to you after I try it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-30T15:38:59+00:00

    Ok, let me know if the same problem happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments