Why is my wifi adapter stuck on identifying

Anonymous
2024-10-29T22:10:30+00:00

A couple days ago I shutdown my PC, when I turned it back on, it would connect to the internet but it won’t provide internet access displaying “no internet, secured” on the wifi tab in the bottom right. In control panel, network connections won’t stop saying “identifying”. I have tried a network reset and it did not work. I tried to run the troubleshooter and it will not work because after the network reset windows started saying that I had not activated it, and I can activate it without wifi… I clicked the get help tab in settings and half the time it says I’m connected and didn’t find any issues the other half it says can’t connect to the internet with manually assigned ip address, but I have everything set to automatic. All other devices connected to the wifi work and my isp says that there are no issues from their end.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-29T22:12:17+00:00

    additionally I bought my windows 11 directly from canada computers so I’m certain that it’s legit. Everything has been working for the past 2 years perfectly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-29T23:00:08+00:00

    My name is Jonathan Deives. I'm an Independent Advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

    Click on the start menu and type cmd

    Right click and run as administrator

    Copy, paste and enter each one, one at a time.

    netsh winsock reset

    netsh int ip reset

    ipconfig /release

    ipconfig /renew

    ipconfig /flushdns

    Restart your computer and see if the problem persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T05:04:18+00:00

    I did the above and the problem persisted

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T05:14:10+00:00

    If it helps, I also tried using a personal hotspot from my phone and there was the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-30T14:02:27+00:00

    Click on start menu and type Device Msnager

    Expand Network Adapters

    Right-click on your network adapter and select Uninstall device.

    Restart your computer and see if the problem still persist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments