Why is my wifi adapter stuck on identifying

Anonymous
2024-10-29T22:10:30+00:00

A couple days ago I shutdown my PC, when I turned it back on, it would connect to the internet but it won’t provide internet access displaying “no internet, secured” on the wifi tab in the bottom right. In control panel, network connections won’t stop saying “identifying”. I have tried a network reset and it did not work. I tried to run the troubleshooter and it will not work because after the network reset windows started saying that I had not activated it, and I can activate it without wifi… I clicked the get help tab in settings and half the time it says I’m connected and didn’t find any issues the other half it says can’t connect to the internet with manually assigned ip address, but I have everything set to automatic. All other devices connected to the wifi work and my isp says that there are no issues from their end.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-30T16:49:38+00:00

    Download the network driver on another device, transfer it to your computer and install it;

    https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog...

    ___________________________________________________________

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    ___________________________________________________________

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T16:41:03+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T16:38:47+00:00

    Do you want a screen shot of the system summary or of all the hardware resources, components, and software environment?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T16:36:54+00:00

    I plugged the Ethernet cable in and I’m still having the same problem. I tried redoing all the prompts in the command prompt and when I did ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew it said that the RPC server is unavailable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Jonathan Deives 81,965 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-30T16:34:44+00:00

    Click on start menu and type msinfo32

    Open System Information

    Take a screenshot and post it here please

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments