Windows 11 24H2 update kb5044284 fails on reboot at 40%, error 0x800f0922 - SOLVED, page 5

Anonymous
2024-10-09T15:01:11+00:00

Using Windows 11 24H2 26100.1742, got the update for KB5044284.

This downloaded and extracted fine, then restarted the PC. The update got to the 30% and restarted. On the reboot the update continued until 40%, when it hung for about 8 minutes, then gave an error message (with no reference) and rolled back.

Windows Update in Settings App shows Error 0x800f0922.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T15:22:33+00:00

    All I can suggest is do a repair install from inside Winows Update (in Settings). See earlier posts in this thread for how to do it.

    I have had to do this for every update since 24H2 started, it is the only way for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T14:45:56+00:00

    Same problem here.

    Problem started after 24H2, now I can't install any security update.

    When I try to install a security update Windows download the patch and install, than switch to black screen, install it at 30% and reboot the system, after reboot stuck at 40% for few minutes and rollback with a message "Something didn't go as planned. No need to worry....".

    I've tried to a in place upgrade, but nothing change with other new security update.

    Any idea?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-23T14:06:30+00:00

    I have to report no progress with these windows updates, on my Windows 11 desktop.

    I tried to update to KB5046740, but again the update failed at 38% and rolled back, despite having previously done the Windows Update Repair Install, twice!

    I have to assume that these failures are all related to the same thing, inside Windows.

    I should add that I have 2 laptops which update fine!

    Come on Microsoft, please sort this out. I am not the only one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-29T15:08:51+00:00

    Hi,

    I tried the update again, as I had time to spare. Unfortunately the same result.

    I have uploaded the same files, but newer, you requested previously to here: https://1drv.ms/u/c/3d01c7eaea7891c9/EXr81KaREzFDpb2G04jQfGQBCT4rD1n-HUcvoKq_7sLijA?e=p0VVyE

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-26T11:25:30+00:00

    I thought I should return to you with an update.

    A couple of days ago MS released KB5044384 as an optional update.

    Being as my last windows update was troublesome I thought I would see what happens.

    Well, you guessed it, during the update, following a reboot, it stuck, this time at 37% and rolled back.

    I read around on the internet that this update was a little buggy, so I did not try anything else. I just returned (via a saved image) to before I tried the update.

    I will not reinstall,and just wait until the next normal update in November.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments