Problem with 24H2 Windows 11 upgrade from 23H2 0xC1900101-0x30017 Error

Anonymous
2024-10-07T14:11:01+00:00

Hi

I tried several times to upgrade to 24H2 from 23H2 for windows 11 but every time I got this error : oxC1900101-0x30017 The instalation failed in the first boot phase with an error during boot operation.

The update runs well until almost 40%, then instead of restarting the computer stops and starts by itself, after that the procedure is rolled back.

I tried various tips read on google, but none of them helped. What can i do ? Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-10-08T13:16:14+00:00

I solved the problem!!! I solved the problem!!! The problem was caused by the fact that secure bot was turned off in the BIOS.

I activated secure boot in BIOS and then the update ran perfectly. Now I have 24H2 installed. Incredible...

Thank you for your time

Have a nice day

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T09:43:44+00:00

    I removed the Toshiba hdd and two other ssds, all connected via the sata ports and now there is another error . At the moment, only ssd m2 is connected where windows 11 23h2 is installed

    2024-10-08 12:26:51, Error WsmInstall: Failed to copy driver file C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\WinSetupMon.sys -> C:\Windows\System32\drivers\WinSetupMon.sys; hr = 0x80070005[gle=0x00000005]

    2024-10-08 12:26:51, Error SP SETUPMON: Failed to install the monitoring filter driver. Error: 0x80070005

    2024-10-08 12:26:51, Error SP SETUPMON: Failed to install/start monitoring driver. Error: 0xC1E44000

    I found on google that WinSetupMon.sys would be for nvidia driver and 0x80070005 wold be for Microsoft Store....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-08T08:42:32+00:00

    Yes, I know that. Setupmon.sys filter driver installation error 0x80070005 seems to be the root cause.

    I mentioned Google Drive as general info.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T08:36:36+00:00

    If "F" is a letter for a drive ...then F is letter for my HDD Toshiba P300 1Tb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-08T07:37:48+00:00

    The setup seems to have failed here:

    * * * *

    2024-10-07 23:19:06, Error WsmInstall: Failed to copy driver file F:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\WinSetupMon.sys -> F:\Windows\System32\drivers\WinSetupMon.sys; hr = 0x80070005[gle=0x00000005]

    2024-10-07 23:19:06, Error SP SETUPMON: Failed to install the monitoring filter driver. Error: 0x80070005

    2024-10-07 23:19:06, Error SP SETUPMON: Failed to install/start monitoring driver. Error: 0xB1124000

    2024-10-07 23:19:06, Info SP --------------- Ended phase [Safe OS] ---------------

    * * * *

    Error 0x00000005 is access is denied.

    1. Uninstall Google Drive. Its virtual drive letter can cause issues during the setup.
    2. If that doesn't help, we can try eliminating all third-party drivers using the Farbar scanner and try again.

    (or)

    1. If you're willing to reset the system, open Settings > **Recovery,**click “Reset PC,” select “Keep my files,” and “Cloud download.”

    A reset with the Keep files option will wipe your apps and settings.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments