Problem with 24H2 Windows 11 upgrade from 23H2 0xC1900101-0x30017 Error

Anonymous
2024-10-07T14:11:01+00:00

Hi

I tried several times to upgrade to 24H2 from 23H2 for windows 11 but every time I got this error : oxC1900101-0x30017 The instalation failed in the first boot phase with an error during boot operation.

The update runs well until almost 40%, then instead of restarting the computer stops and starts by itself, after that the procedure is rolled back.

I tried various tips read on google, but none of them helped. What can i do ? Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-10-08T13:16:14+00:00

I solved the problem!!! I solved the problem!!! The problem was caused by the fact that secure bot was turned off in the BIOS.

I activated secure boot in BIOS and then the update ran perfectly. Now I have 24H2 installed. Incredible...

Thank you for your time

Have a nice day

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-26T05:36:44+00:00

    The 24H2 installation worked with the release version without me having to do anything. It was only the early release version that I had a problem with.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-25T22:01:28+00:00

    I figured I'd put my solution out there in case it helps someone. To get the 24H2 to work I found that my BIOS CMS setting was turned on (this allows you to run legacy operating systems that don't work with UEFI). Once I turned this off - the updated worked. I updated my BIOS recently and this got turned on it appears.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. SD - IA 180.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-08T17:25:38+00:00

    Thank you Catalin.

    The link did not work sadly.

    Could you upload on this?

    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmzJ4dYDN4IWtUmglckpnTpfm-Y...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T13:36:24+00:00

    I thought this option was enabled because a week ago I installed Windows 11 23H2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments