Problem with 24H2 Windows 11 upgrade from 23H2 0xC1900101-0x30017 Error

Anonymous
2024-10-07T14:11:01+00:00

Hi

I tried several times to upgrade to 24H2 from 23H2 for windows 11 but every time I got this error : oxC1900101-0x30017 The instalation failed in the first boot phase with an error during boot operation.

The update runs well until almost 40%, then instead of restarting the computer stops and starts by itself, after that the procedure is rolled back.

I tried various tips read on google, but none of them helped. What can i do ? Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-10-08T13:16:14+00:00

I solved the problem!!! I solved the problem!!! The problem was caused by the fact that secure bot was turned off in the BIOS.

I activated secure boot in BIOS and then the update ran perfectly. Now I have 24H2 installed. Incredible...

Thank you for your time

Have a nice day

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-26T18:07:03+00:00

    The reset worked. I was able to install hyper v, but now I have to reinstall and reconfigure everything.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-26T15:02:59+00:00

    Tried to reinstall hyperv. Now it crashes just as it starts up. Trying a reset with keep files. Any thoughts?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-26T14:39:27+00:00

    Thanks for the direction. I removed the hyperV and the virtual machine platform, ran the disk cleanup. Did not have sandbox installed. Skipped the rest because the other computers I configured are the same and they updated fine.

    Install went fine after that.

    Glad it's sorted.

    Thanks for the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-26T14:33:52+00:00

    Thanks for the direction. I removed the hyperV and the virtual machine platform, ran the disk cleanup. Did not have sandbox installed. Skipped the rest because the other computers I configured are the same and they updated fine.

    Install went fine after that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments