Problem with 24H2 Windows 11 upgrade from 23H2 0xC1900101-0x30017 Error

Anonymous
2024-10-07T14:11:01+00:00

Hi

I tried several times to upgrade to 24H2 from 23H2 for windows 11 but every time I got this error : oxC1900101-0x30017 The instalation failed in the first boot phase with an error during boot operation.

The update runs well until almost 40%, then instead of restarting the computer stops and starts by itself, after that the procedure is rolled back.

I tried various tips read on google, but none of them helped. What can i do ? Thank you

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-10-08T13:16:14+00:00

I solved the problem!!! I solved the problem!!! The problem was caused by the fact that secure bot was turned off in the BIOS.

I activated secure boot in BIOS and then the update ran perfectly. Now I have 24H2 installed. Incredible...

Thank you for your time

Have a nice day

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-26T16:28:26+00:00

    Tried to reinstall hyperv. Now it crashes just as it starts up. Trying a reset with keep files. Any thoughts?

    IMO, instead of resetting, you may revert to 23H2 and continue using it for some time (until 24H2 becomes more stable). 23H2 is fully supported till Nov 2025, so it's safe to use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-08T13:30:41+00:00

    Great, thanks for the update. It's strange because usually you see the following message if secure boot is turned off.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. SD - IA 180.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-10-08T02:22:12+00:00

    Hi,

    I see a driver issue.

    Sadly you must upload all the files to Onedrive and share with me. We will be happy to provide you with a resolution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-07T16:39:18+00:00

    0xC1900101-0x30017 can be somewhat challenging to troubleshoot. Let me try this.

    Please share your setup logs.

    • Open the "C:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources" folder.
    • Select the two folders, "Panther" and "Rollback" (if present).
    • Delete the GenuineTicket.xml file in the Panther folder.
    • Copy the two folders to the desktop and Zip them.
    • Upload the zip file to OneDrive and share the link here.

    (How-To: Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support)

    Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

    OneDrive sharing options - https://imgur.com/a/vZyxpY9

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments