Windows update "Download error - 0x80190194" || Microsoft Store error "0x80248014"

Anonymous
2024-09-22T18:55:07+00:00

Getting a "Download error - 0x80190194" while installing a windows update, in addition to that I cannot download anything from microsoft store as well Error code is " 0x80248014".

Things I've tried:

sfc scan through cmd (no errors there)

update troubleshooter gives the following

Detection details IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: FalseWaaSMedicServiceIssue found by:BinaryHealthPlugin;DynamicProtectionPluginIsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: TrueService StatusProblem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started.System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help is available by typing NETHELPMSG 2182. System.Management.Automation.RemoteExceptionService StatusProblem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started.

But even after this, same error

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-10-12T17:02:08+00:00

Tried that, no luck.

I tried another way with the cloudflare warp app, it works with that. Not sure why manually setting the DNS does not work.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-10-12T15:33:08+00:00

So I went to a friend's room and connected my Wifi with his adaptor

And everything seems to be working. Windows update is working as well as Store is also downloading.

Any particular reasons this could happen??

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-11T17:37:15+00:00

    Will share the REG file.

    You can try downloading the ISO (via UUPDump) from another system if possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-10-11T17:35:48+00:00

    Can we try the registry edit alternative, if it is possible for you to export a registry and I can replace it in my system since I'm getting errors while downloading from uupdump?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-10-11T17:02:06+00:00

    UUPdump is the only source for 23H2, as far as I know.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments