Windows update "Download error - 0x80190194" || Microsoft Store error "0x80248014"

Anonymous
2024-09-22T18:55:07+00:00

Getting a "Download error - 0x80190194" while installing a windows update, in addition to that I cannot download anything from microsoft store as well Error code is " 0x80248014".

Things I've tried:

sfc scan through cmd (no errors there)

update troubleshooter gives the following

Detection details IsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: FalseWaaSMedicServiceIssue found by:BinaryHealthPlugin;DynamicProtectionPluginIsPostback_RC_PendingUpdatesIsPostback: TrueService StatusProblem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started.System.Management.Automation.RemoteException More help is available by typing NETHELPMSG 2182. System.Management.Automation.RemoteExceptionService StatusProblem with BITS service : The requested service has already been started.

But even after this, same error

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-10-12T17:02:08+00:00

Tried that, no luck.

I tried another way with the cloudflare warp app, it works with that. Not sure why manually setting the DNS does not work.

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-10-12T15:33:08+00:00

So I went to a friend's room and connected my Wifi with his adaptor

And everything seems to be working. Windows update is working as well as Store is also downloading.

Any particular reasons this could happen??

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-08T15:46:29+00:00

    Will you still try to resolve the issue since whatever you have proposed has not worked?????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-26T16:39:24+00:00

    So, I tried the installation and it just stays on checking for updates and does not proceed from there. I've tried waiting for multiple hours but it does not proceed from there.

    I tried restore windows back to the date near my last update but that didn't work as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-26T08:19:36+00:00

    Hi,Abdullah Qadeer

    Thank you for your reply and we recommend that you do an override installation to fix some of the system's updated components, etc.

    Let’s try performing an in-place install or in-place upgrade which will refresh your Windows files and operating system without removing files or applications. That being said, we always recommend that if you have important data, you should back it up before making large system changes. If you want to back up your data first, please do so. Once you are done backing up, you can follow the steps in the following guides: How to run In-place upgrade in Windows 11 - Microsoft Community 

    Best regards

    Bobhe | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments