Yes so using the old m.2 i was able to get into safe mode without any problem. If I exit safe mode the same issue would happen
Kernal Power 41 error & Critical Process Died
Hi, Recently built a new PC. I've been getting the Kernal Power 41 error and Critical Process Died.
Now when I login to windows and I move my mouse or click onto something it freezes and gives me a BSoD. However if I wait a few seconds without going into the apps striaght away it seems to work fine.
I have double checked all cables and they seem to be on tight. I have ran OCCT stress test on all components and they pass. When I game it runs fine.
I have done a clean install of windows twice. All drivers are up to date, I've ran chkdsk /r and other diagonstics. Nothing so far.
CPU is Ryzen 7 7800x3d
Motherboard b650 aorus elite ax
GPU 4080 Super
G. skill ram 32gb 6000mhz 30cl - not running on amd expo
850w corsair psu.
Any Idea why this may be happening?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-11-26T10:44:29+00:00 -
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-11-26T10:43:20+00:00 That may imply either the Windows installation on the SSD is corrupt, or the Chipset drivers may be corrupt.
If you boot from the SSD and access Safe Mode using these steps, is Windows stable in Safe Mode?
Click the power button on the login screen.
Press the Shift Key and click Restart
Your PC will boot into the Windows Recovery Environment
Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Settings and click Restart
Upon restart, press 5 to enter Safe Mode
-
Anonymous
2024-11-26T10:36:40+00:00 Hi before I do this, I've added my old SSD into the Mobo. I removed the m.2 drive I was using and it seems the crashing had stopped. I typically crashed straight after logging in. What could this imply?
-
DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-11-26T10:00:05+00:00 To try to force Windows to create minidump files and to show any faulting drivers, the best option would be to turn on Driver Verifier, let your PC crash 3 times, then you must turn off Driver Verifier, and finally, upload any newly created minidump files
Before you run Driver Verifier, please create a new System Restore Point
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Note, if you have any difficulty getting into Windows with Driver Verifier enabled:
Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down
Do this twice
On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.
Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Settings and click Restart
Upon restart, press 4 to enter Safe Mode
Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run these two commands, then restart your PC.
verifier /reset
verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail
-
Anonymous
2024-11-26T09:50:41+00:00 Hi, pc has crashed several times now and no minidump. I'd get a blue screen with 0% and it'll just restart itself. I'm getting crashes as soon as I login the desktop would freeze and crash