antivirus not working

Anonymous
2024-11-12T13:24:57+00:00

antivirus not working, I see lots of instances of this on YouTube self-fix. I've tried a few - with no improvement?

lets face it IT support is non-existent from Windows

any of you have any tips?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2024-11-13T11:55:47+00:00

On unsupported systems, you may use one of the methods in this link to run setup. https://www.elevenforum.com/t/bypass-windows-11-system-requirements.1989/

The following disclaimer applies if Windows 11 is installed on a device that doesn't meet the minimum system requirements:

This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements for running Windows 11 - these requirements help ensure a more reliable and higher quality experience. Installing Windows 11 on this PC is not recommended and may result in compatibility issues. If you proceed with installing Windows 11, your PC will no longer be supported and won't be entitled to receive updates. Damages to your PC due to lack of compatibility aren't covered under the manufacturer warranty. By selecting Accept, you are acknowledging that you read and understand this statement.

Src: Installing Windows 11 on devices that don't meet minimum system requirements - Microsoft Support: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/installing-windows-11-on-devices-that-don-t-meet-minimum-system-requirements-0b2dc4a2-5933-4ad4-9c09-ef0a331518f1

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T18:53:32+00:00

    The platform update didn't install correctly.

    Try this fix.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-security/windows-security-stuck-on-black-screen-after/347ae039-5439-405d-83e1-fbfabbe23712

    Right-click on the file "SecurityHealthSetup_xxxxx.exe" and choose "Run as administrator".

    OK thanks

    is it a silent program?
    I executed it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-11-12T18:10:30+00:00

    The platform update didn't install correctly.

    Try this fix.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-security/windows-security-stuck-on-black-screen-after/347ae039-5439-405d-83e1-fbfabbe23712

    Right-click on the file "SecurityHealthSetup_xxxxx.exe" and choose "Run as administrator".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-12T17:52:57+00:00

    I haven't finished yet - this takes ages!

    THE SCAN LOGS

    FRST.zip

    Addition.zip

    I have Defender logs too here, I will zip and share them here.

    defender.zip

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh Srinivasan 88,105 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-11-12T17:44:21+00:00

    I understand the troubleshooting didn't help you resolve this issue. I'm releasing this question so another advisor can help you.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments