Windows 11 23H2 22631.4460 showing end of service message

Anonymous
2024-11-12T23:05:51+00:00

Just updated windows 11 to 22631.4460 and I am seeing a "End of Service" message in settings under windows update. It was my understanding that 23H2 was receiving updates till 2025? Is this a bug?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T02:11:47+00:00

    Got the same issue after updating. It must be a bug....23H2 is supposed to be supported until end of 2025

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T02:19:44+00:00

    Same message after same update (KB5046633), Windows 11 Pro 23H2.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T02:34:34+00:00

    I am getting the same message, along with a red exclamation and the message, "Get the newer version of Windows to stay up to date", but no indication of how to do that. (I presume the newer version is 24H2)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T02:42:15+00:00

    I had the same issue. I have 23H2. The update occurred while two users of the PC were logged on. When 2nd user (aka me) logged on, I got the end of service message. I logged user 1 off, then logged me off. Then did a restart. The message went away, and Windows Update now shows that I am up to date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,500 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-11-13T02:43:00+00:00

    Hi, thanks for reaching out. My name is Bernard a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today, my timezone is UTC +8.

    I understand the issue you have, there is nothing to worry I am here to help, you are correct as it is meant to be sent to devices that have the 22H2 version of Windows 11:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_11#Versions

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    In addition, it is caused by the KB5046633, but no worries, I suggest to wait for another update and hopefully it will be corrected.

    Let me know how it goes and I hope that helps.

    Bernard

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments