Windows 11 23H2 22631.4460 showing end of service message

Anonymous
2024-11-12T23:05:51+00:00

Just updated windows 11 to 22631.4460 and I am seeing a "End of Service" message in settings under windows update. It was my understanding that 23H2 was receiving updates till 2025? Is this a bug?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T00:28:17+00:00

    Just updated windows 11 to 22631.4460 and I am seeing a "End of Service" message in settings under windows update. It was my understanding that 23H2 was receiving updates till 2025? Is this a bug?

    I have this same issue - all was fine till this latest update today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T00:41:44+00:00

    I just got the same message today and I just recently bought windows 11 (less than a year ago) and am not even aware of this stupid life cycle issue now so they can keep charging you for newer windows. FFS

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T01:32:12+00:00

    Just updated and am getting the same issue.

    Microsoft, please review your updates before pushing them out to the world...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T01:59:09+00:00

    Lifecycle FAQ - Windows | Microsoft Learn

    I think they want make the junk of everything?

    Windows 11 What is the servicing timeline for a version (feature update) of Windows 11? New versions of Windows 11 will be released once per year and will receive monthly quality updates that include security and non-security updates. Customers should always install the latest version before the current version reaches end of servicing to remain supported by Microsoft. Expand table | Edition | Servicing timeline (one release per year) | | | :--- | :--- | :--- | | Windows 11 Enterprise <br>Windows 11 Enterprise multi-session <br>Windows 11 Education <br>Windows 11 IoT Enterprise | 36 months from release date | | | Windows 11 Pro <br>Windows 11 Pro Education <br>Windows 11 Pro for Workstations <br>Windows 11 HomeĀ ^1^ <br>Windows 11 SE | 24 months from release date | |

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-11-13T02:10:23+00:00

    Same issue here. Updated to 23H2, now I get the message in Windows Update. Hopefully they fix it without us having to jump through hoops.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments